Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Into the Great Beyond

At work lately I have been sending emails. Lots of them. I send multitudes of one paragraph emails to various departments. Are they important emails? No ma'am. In fact, since I started sending them on last Thursday I have yet to recieve a single reply to any of them. It's one thing to feel like you spend your whole week writing what essentially amounts to inter-departmental nagging, and another altogether when it seems that your nagging has dropped off the face of the earth. It's not clear whether the collective silence is due to irritation or if everything that I have done has literally gone on into the great beyond. Some void in which tired, sad, unfortunate emails go to die. Who knows. But I do know that the project of updating our organization's website cannot continue until I receive some acknowledgement back from the other side of the yawning gap that is the Internet. So in the meantime, I'll be twiddling my thumbs I guess. Oh and writing a 200 word announcement for another section of the website. An undertaking that will be a bit shorter than this post, which I am writing on my lunch break. I can't figure out what I'm going to do all afternoon. This only took 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Check your "saved drafts" folder; maybe you really haven't sent anything! ;)

It happened to me once when I set my inbox to Spanish back in the day before I actually knew Spanish. Months of wondering why no one loved me...